Technical Manager- Co.Armagh
Grafton Specialist Engineering recruitment has been retained to recruit a Technical Manager for an exceptional FMCG/Manufacturing company based in Co.Armagh.
The position is with a long standing FMCG firm who have an excellent reputation locally and nationally.
You will be responsible for:
This role will manage the Technical function across all business units holding reasonability for client interaction, retailer codes of practice and BRC standards.
The post holder will engage, support and work collaboratively with the Quality Manager, reporting into the Head of Purchasing and Quality.
- Development of a quality assurance culture on site with clear accountability and responsibility.
- Manage supplier approval (ingredients, produce, packaging, chemicals) and vulnerability assessment ongoing in conjunction with fresh retail industry requirements
- Manage relevant external services for the business (e.g. pest control, laundry, contract cleaners, chemical suppliers)
- Manage and develop the Technical resource, quality management system and analytical processes in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Coach all levels of management to ensure compliance of company and customer codes of practice and good manufacturing practice standards.
- Ensure that demands on food safety and quality are defined, understood and met.
- Deliver continuous quality improvement and customer initiatives.
- Delivery of all customer Technical requirements
- Analyse quality data and site management of trends and correct action required.
- Lead all technical audits by customers and third parties and BRC.
- Support the Quality Manager with continuous improvement of customer KPI's.
- A third level qualification in a food or science related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP, BRC, Food Legislation and Health & Safety standards
- At least 4yrs experience in a Quality/Technical Management role within the food industry
- Specialist qualifications of advantage include (Level 3 / 4 / Advanced HACCP / Internal Auditing / Professional Trainers Certificate
- Experience dealing with UK and Irish Multiples.
- Working experience in a client facing role, using influence to achieve results.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda on 02890 323333