Location: County Tyrone
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment have been retained to recruit a Technical Manager for a manufacturing company based in County Tyrone. The position is with a long standing FMCG firm who have an excellent reputation nationally and who are continually growing and expanding. The company are also very keen to offer staff the chance of internal development and promotion.
- Management of the technical relationship with the allocated customers at all levels within the customer base.
- As Technical Manager you will ensure that a HACCP based quality system, such that, as a minimum, required approvals (typically BRC and customer standards) are achieved and food quality/safety/legality standards are consistently met for all products of the various customers being managed
- The technical manager will ensure clearly defined and documented quality and technical assessment processes, procedures and controls are in place across the company.
- Auditing of the factory environment and activities to enable full assessment of standards being achieved and any weaknesses to be identified.
- Ensure all own label specifications and factory specifications are completed to customer and legal requirements
- Reporting of technical performance of the customer, both internally and externally. Ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of technical status and issues which require their input to improve.
- Working with Customers / Statutory Bodies, implementation of legislation and Customer standards. During factory visits and audits, providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and providing formal responses.
- Work closely with Production and service departments to drive improvement in technical standards and performance (product, process and environmental).
- Investigate and evaluate options for new technologies and innovations. Ensure coordinated implementation across sites
- Ensure all letters of complaint are dealt with correctly and efficiently meeting the customer standards and time scales.
- Analysis of microbiological and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective action / preventative measures as required. Ensure this meets the customer and legislative requirements whilst meeting budgetary needs.
- Ensure visit / audit reports are completed for customer meetings and monitor that site have addressed and closed out the Non Conformances in a timely manner.
If interested in the Technical Manager position please forward your CV asap. If you would like more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333 or 07966990462
If the Technical Manager role is not quite what you are looking for, but are interested in production and manufacturing roles, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.