Working in Partnership with a leading public sector company I'm actively recruiting for a Technical Officer on a temporary basis.
Technical Officer - Building Control - £13.45ph - Antrim Town Area
The main responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- To assist the Building control team to fulfil the company's statutory duties regarding administration and enforcement of Building Regulations and allied legislation.
- To assist in the fulfilment of the company's statutory duties including street naming, postal numbering and dangerous structures.
- To coordinate data sharing projects or similar initiatives with other relevant agencies.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of the company's Geographical Information System.
- Third level education in a relevant Building / Construction discipline
- A minimum of 1 years experience in Building / Construction discipline.
- Ability to interpret working drawings and specifications.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting work demands.
- Detailed knowledge of current construction techniques and materials.
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the company in this key role
- Good time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- Excellent organisational skills and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in the practical application of Building Regulations and allied legislation. Working knowledge of Building Regulations and procedures. Knowledge of current legislation / codes of practice relating to construction practices.Working knowledge of Construction related IT packages.
Grafton Recruitment reserves the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
To apply for the position of Technical Officer please forward your CV to Donna at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by 20th June 2017.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Donna @ Grafton Recruitment on 028 25642699. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Grafton Recruitment. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.