Technology Technician required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Belfast at £7.73ph.
Rate of Pay: £7.73ph
Location: Newtownbreda, Belfast
Hours: 32 hours per week
To provide technical support and assistance to teaching staff in the implementation of the Technology Department's educational programme as directed by line manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, organise and basic construction of resources for teacher demonstrations and practical examinations.
- Set out equipment and materials for class use and remove same when class is complete.
- Collect, clean and store equipment and materials in designated storage areas. Ensure items are maintained in a state of 'ready for use'.
- Dispose of used materials in a safe and approved manner.
- Ensure that mandatory and/or statutory checks of materials and equipment are carried out by qualified personnel.
- Inform designated line manager of materials and equipment found to be in an unsatisfactory/unsafe condition and arrange for repair and disposal of such items.
- Ensure no unauthorised person has unsupervised access to equipment and materials when not in use.
- Advise on health and safety issues in relation to the use of equipment.
- Support all staff in ensuring the general safety of pupils
- Assist with evacuation in emergencies.
- Undertake photocopying as required.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kirsty Tomlinson will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates will need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of £33 payable to Access NI. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
*PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER AT 12 NOON*