Role: Telemetry Operator
Pay rate: £15-16 per hour
Duration: 3-6 months
Key responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor the telemetry system and respond to alarms from the 'priority dashboards' in accordance with established processes.
- Follow agreed procedures to advise on and respond to alarms from water and wastewater sites across Northern Ireland.
- Operate remote control systems as specifically directed in conjunction with Field Manager.
- Assist field management by interpreting alarms and trends for current and historical events.
- Contribute to the on-going maintenance and improvement of the telemetry system by informing operational managers of incorrect alarm settings or ranges, and other anomalies that may be contributing to excessive or spurious events.
- Prepare reports and statistics, in relation to ongoing and historical events at remote sites including use of the Telemweb IT system.
- Enable & Disable alarms with management approval.
- Provide emergency cover to other Telemetry Control Centre when required.
- Operators are required to maintain a secure working environment at all times in accordance with security policy.
Information and Communication
- Assist project teams engaged in the maintenance and development of the telemetry system by analysing and interpreting telemetry data and reports
- Provide feedback on telemetry system proposals and enhancements
- Provide information to on-call and Duty Officers outside normal working hours
- Start and end of day exchange of information and handover with Work Control Centre team.
- Receive pollution incident reports from Northern Ireland Environment Agency staff, complete relevant paperwork and pass to appropriate field manager and distribution list for follow-up as per agreed procedure.
- Download weather bulletins from the Internet and provide status updates for high risk sites which are undergoing refurbishment or require routine monitoring.
- Compile reports and maintain records as directed by management
- Provide remote emergency cover to other Telemetry Control Centre when required
- Work collaboratively with duty managers, work controllers and all staff and management across both work centres.
- Participate in MIP operations for both real events and for testing purposes.
Mobile Work Management System
- Create Work Orders in Ellipse Mobile Work Management System
- Dispatch Work Orders to Field Crews where site attendance is required
- Monitor Ellipse Mobile Work Management system outside Normal Working Hours
- Process Work Requests in accordance with pre-defined procedures to ensure that all emergency work is passed to Field teams for action and Ellipse system records are updated; this will include liaison with the Customer Relations Centre and duty managers as required.
- Investigate/interrogate TelemeWeb system to ensure accurate information is passed on.
- Interpret and use the Geographical Information System CARtomap.
- Use Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- MWM, Ellipse, Info View, Sharepoint.
- Act as control base to monitor lone worker and confined spaces monitoring system in accordance with system requirements and processes, including our own daily login test.
- A minimum of 2 years practical experience of identifying operational problems and providing effective solutions where service to customers may be at risk.
- Practical experience of using telemetry software or other comparable IT systems to monitor remote assets and respond to alarms when abnormal events occur.
- Practical experience of using trend data to address current or historical operational problems
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised during the day or at night
- Practical experience of working in a regulated environment serving internal and external customers
- A form of transport that enables you to meet the requirements of the post in full.
If interested and you meet all the essential criteria please upload your cv
Successful candidates will be required to complete a Basic Access NI security check