Position: Teller/Member Service Officer
Location: Crossmaglen, Co Armagh
Duration: 1 year contract
Perform transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high
accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. Present and explain a basic number of credit union products and services to members.
This person requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner. Courses and/or training may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include;
- Represent the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Disburse payments out via cash/cheque/EFT
- Process transfers and verifies transactions
- Detect and resolve and report discrepancies promptly.
- Balance daily transactions and verify cash totals.
- Assist with mail or email transactions as needed.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Promote, explain, issue other credit union services such as electronic services, debit and credit cards.
- Receive all payments, and ensure accuracy when posting to the computer
- Generate member receipts.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check and package coins and currency.
- Prepare bank lodgements and check for accuracy
- Scan daily work and perform such other teller functions that might be needed from time to time, and assist others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Ensure that teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Various clerical and receptionist functions
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a customer face and cash handling role
- 5 GCSE passes Grade C and above including Math and English
- Knowledge of Teller and Member Service Representative Operations and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Credit Union operations
- Excellent communication, time management and customer service skills
- Competent in Various Microsoft Packages including email, word and excel
If you meet the above criteria and available for this position please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org closing date: Friday 11th August 2017 @ 12noon. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.