F/t temp Professional & Technical Officer required for Lisburn.
Duties will include:
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer;
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries;
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Agency in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement appeals;
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements;
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control;
- Managing technical support staff (if any);
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face;
- Operating the Planning Units IT Systems.
- Degree or equivalent in a recognised planning qualification eg. Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration and minimum of 1 yrs post qualification experience working in a Planning Environment
- HNC or equivalent in a recognised planning qualification eg. Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration and minimum of 2 yrs post qualification experience working in a Planning Environment
Experience in preparation and presentation of planning application reports in relation to development & enforcement planning matters.
Knowledge of relevant NI Planning Policy & Legislation
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
A full NI driving licence or access to a form of transport
Salary £13.41 per hr