Temporary Education Welfare Officer required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Belfast £12.22 per hour.
Role: Temporary Education Welfare Officer
Rate of Pay: £12.22 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm 37 hours per week
Duration: 30/06/2016 - this may be subject to extension or review
- A qualification in Social Work as recognised by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council; Applicants must be registered or have applied for registration on the NI Social Care Council Social Care Register.
- A minimum of 3 months' experience in a paid capacity of working in a social care setting with children, young people and families;
- Supply photocopies of educational certificates at registration
- Knowledge of childcare legislation;
- Knowledge of childcare protections procedure;
- Communication skills (verbal/written);
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to engage young people and families in the helping process;
- Ability to assess family dynamics and situations;
- Organisational skills.
- Have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Board business) that will enable them to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner and thus meet this essential criterion;
- Be able to provide sufficient information on the application form that will satisfy the employer that he/she has access to an appropriate alternative form of transport that will enable them to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner and thus meet this essential criterion.
- Liaising with learning providers to identify pupils and families with attendance and related problems
- To respond appropriately to Identified pupil/family need
- To develop and maintain good working practice and procedures
- To implement legislation with regard to non-school attendance
- To implement legislation covering the employment of children
- To work within a multi-disciplinary approach
- Provide services to the Education and Library Board
- Contribute to the protection of children and young people from abuse
- Ensure personal safety and security
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 20TH MAY 5PM.