Our Client, a large Public Sector organisation require a temporary qualified Electrician for a 3 month contract
Duration: 3 months
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To be responsible to the Mechanical and Electrical Manager and other appropriate officers for the undertaking of electrical work as directed within the Building Services unit, either individually or as part of a team.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
- To carry out fault-finding in 240-415V systems;
- To carry out repairs on maintained and non-maintained 240V emergency lighting systems;
- To liaise with building occupiers and management and in exceptional circumstances recommend immediate appropriate action in the event of actual or potential electrical hazard.
- To install conduit, trunking, steel wire armoured cable and various other specialised wiring installations;
- To install and maintain outside lighting installations;
- To carry out repairs and maintenance to all electrical appliances as directed, and to test all new and existing electrical installations;
- To work from working drawings supplied;
- To provide as required all job-costing and time-recording information;
- To drive council vehicles as required.
- To participate in a 24-hour emergency callout service if so required;To carry out all duties in accordance with health and safety legislation and codes of practice and client regulations or directions;
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Candidates must be a time-served Electricians in possession of City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 Certificates in Electrical Installation plus Joint Industry Board Achievement Measurement Parts 1 and 2 or equivalent or NVQ level 3 in electrical installation, plus City & Guilds 2380 (BS7671 Wiring Regulations). The council reserves the right to shortlist on the basis of additional/higher relevant qualifications.
Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years' post-qualification experience, preferably gained in a maintenance environment.
If you are interested in this role and meet the essential criteria please upload your CV to the link.