Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Personal Secretary start ASAP for 3 months
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.50
13+ weeks £12.43
Hours: 29.5 hours per week - Monday to Wed 9-5pm Thursday 9-4.30pm
- The qualifications required by are the Royal Society of Arts Stage II (Parts 1 & 2) in Typing or Word Processing.
- 3 to 4 years experience in a similar role gaining experience of planning and prioritising work, dealing with customers, working under pressure and will have well-developed communication skills
- Royal Society of Arts Stage I audio typing
Key responsibilities include:
- Intercepting and obtaining a range of telephone calls from internal and external customers, responding, processing or redirecting appropriately and professional. Recording accurate messages, identifying and referring urgent messages as needed.
- Provision of hospitality to visitors and assisting occasionally with hospitality provided to Committees and others.
- Opening of incoming mail, and if necessary redirecting it; acknowledging invitations; handling and keeping papers; obtaining and attaching relevant previous papers to correspondence, operating 'bring forward' system to hasten replies to correspondence; dispatching outgoing mail.
- Use of information technology; carrying out the full range of audio typing/copy typing/word processing. This will include letters/memos, Board papers, minutes, e-mails and preparation of presentations using Excel or PowerPoint.
- Providing drafts and/or summaries of reports, correspondence etc for senior managers.
- Arranging appointments and maintaining diaries; acknowledging and booking meetings, accepting invitations, dispatching or telephoning invitations for internal meetings, making arrangements for meetings, note and minute taking.
Personal Secretaries will be expected to travel a reasonable distance from home (up to 35 miles) and staff may be transferred as required.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Nixon will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE WED 20TH SEPT AT 12 NOON