Our client a well established production company in the Co Armagh area require a Tour Guide over the Summer period starting immediately.
- Conducting Tours of approx. 1.5 hours in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages
- Greet and welcome Tour Groups upon their arrival
- Deal skilfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances
- Continually be aware and keep informed about the changes of the factory and the various processes
- Work with other Staff to prepare for the Tours
- Outline and enforce the rules that Groups will be required to follow whilst visiting the factory
- Collect the fees from the Group members
- Greet and register visitors and issue any required identification badges and or safety devices
- Monitor visitors activities in order to insure compliance with the Tour regulations and safety practices
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors
- Conduct educational Tours for school children
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing, typing and routing mail and messages
- Providing safety for the group, performing such activities as directing emergency evacuation and have a working knowledge the company's first aid policy
- May be called upon to conduct occasional Tours of facilities (behind the scenes) for VIP and special visiting groups
- Housekeeping, this entails keeping the office clean and tidy, maintaining the stock of merchandise in the shop prior to a.m. and p.m. Tours. The link is to be cleaned prior and after each Tour. Maintain the notice boards and keep them up to date. The shop is to be cleaned on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the Tours are never left unattended at any time
- Ensure that there is always an adequate level of protective clothing in the filing cabinet in the Link
- Responsible for maintaining a medical record of visitors
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in a good state of repair and working order and should report any faults immediately
- Responsible for ensuring that all sound systems are placed on charge immediately after each Tour
- Required to carry out any other duties as directed by the Head of Dept.
- Enjoy interacting and comfortable meeting with other people
- Personable outgoing, reliable, responsible,
- Extensive working knowledge of the factory process and a desire to learn
- Capable of learning new material rapidly to enhance the Tour groups experience
- Able to work independently
- Ability to accept supervision
- Ability to speak comfortably before groups of people (please provide examples)
- Physically able to lead the Tours around the factory
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to learn basic facts
- Dedicated and dependable
- The ability to speak fluent english
- The ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through the spoken word and sentences
- The ability to remember information
- The ability to communicate information in writing so others will understand
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Claire on 02838353335 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button or emailing to email@example.com