Temporary Tractor Driver/ Stores-person required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Duration: Starting ASAP potentially up to 3 months
Pay rate: £9.18 per hour
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Main purpose of job: be responsible to the Senior Stores Person for driving duties and allocated tractor and dumper carrying out of associated duties, across all sites and to assist staff in the general husbandry of animals including feeding, administering medication and tagging.
Duties will include:
- to be responsible for the transportation of food stuffs, daily collection and removal of animal waste and other rubbish, goods and equipment.
- to be responsible for the allocated tractor, dumper and all ancillary equipment and associated duties.
- to be responsible for driving a range of vehicles on and off site/s in accordance with the council's Driver handbook.
- to keep the vehicle clean and check the oil, water, tyre pressures etc and any other areas contained within the Driver Vehicle Inspection Book and amend records accordingly.
- to assist in the timely and efficient control of equipment and stock items in conjunction with other relevant staff and for the receipt, handling and safekeeping of all items of stock held within the stores.
- to ensure that stores are kept clean and tidy.
- to ensure that animal dietary requirements are met, through transportation and required preparation of food stuff.
- to maintain the orderly condition of grounds, such as litter/rubbish clearance, sweeping and general tidiness and assist with associated work eg.labouring duties, mowing.
- to be responsible for the removal of any animal waste ensuring that the relevant animal by-products order is adhered to off site.
- to be responsible for the transportation and handling of dead animals and quarantine waste.
- to be responsible for the transportation and decanting of chemicals
- to be involved in team meetings on a weekly/monthly basis and to assist with special events as when required.
- to be responsible for assisting in the training of new starts.
- to complete associated paperwork
- other duties as required
- must possess a full, current driving licence (classes C1 + E and F) which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland
- must be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have at least one years work experience of driving a tractor and operating mobile plant; and grounds maintenance in a commercial horticultural environment, for example, parks, playing fields etc,
Please note, all eligible applicants must undergo and successfully pass a driving assessment.
The Nature of the job is physically demanding, as it will involve heavy work including horticultural and gardening duties.
If you are interested in the role and meet all of the above criteria, please upload your CV to the link