Trade Counter Sales Representative
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for a Trade Counter Sales Representative on behalf of our client, a leading Builders Merchant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Trade Counter Sales Representative to further their career with an established company, developing a leading brand.
* Deal with all retail and trade counter purchases and enquiries relating to hardware, building materials and timber sales
* Maintain and build relationships with customers
* Continually update your knowledge of products by participating in company and supplier training to achieve department sales targets
* General housekeeping of the department to ensure all products are adequately stocked in a clean and presentable manner
* Cash handling, operation of counter tills and computer system
* Work within other departments as requested to meet customer demands including cover for the yard operations as and when required
* Participate in company stock takes ensuring an accurate count of all stock
* Ensure compliance with all regularity and legal requirements
* Any other tasks as required to ensure the efficient operation of the department as requested by the Branch Manager
* GCSE (or equivalent) level Maths and English at level C or above
* Experience of working in a similar trade counter environment
* Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware and timber products and their application
* Experience of dealing with building trade and general public customers on the phone
* Experience of working in a sales and customer focused environment
* Develop a positive ongoing working relationship with new and existing customers
* Able to identify additional sales opportunities
* Evidence of well developed people skills
* Able to work in a fast paced customer focused environment
* Able to deal with customers issues/problems in a polite and courteous manner
* Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within your area of responsibility
* Openness to change and ability to respond to this to improve performance
* Willingness to assist other within the department and Branch
* Able to take on other responsibilities and learn quickly from others
* Willingness to be flexible in your working hours and able to work on Saturday mornings as required
* Previous experience/knowledge of local customer base in a building trade counter environment
* Innovative/creative approach to solving customers issues
The successful Trade Counter Sales Representative will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Trade Counter Sales Representative role will be based in Belfast.
If you would like to discuss this Trade Counter Sales Representative job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
If this Trade Counter Sales Representative job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in Sales and Marketing please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.