Overall job role
I need a strong all round accounts assistant to develop experience in balance sheet, P&L and management accounts. You need to have additionally strong accounts processing ability and the fortitude to work within a busy accounts team.
* Assisting in month end balance sheet reconciliations
* Assist in the preparation and analysis of Profit and Loss accounts
* Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections
* Process transactions accurately and efficiently on the accounting system including purchase ledger, sales ledger and bank reconciliations
* Processing invoices promptly, dealing with queries, confirming invoices for approval, checking purchase orders and other relevant documentation, and resolving distributed invoices as required.
* Raise payments in accordance with agreed credit periods
* Assist with credit control procedures
* Complete bank reconciliations & interdepartmental reconciliations
* Maintain accurate and complete filing systems for all relevant documentation
* Develop good working relationships with other departments
* Deal with queries from suppliers and customers, banks, internal/external auditors and other bodies.
* Studying or willingness to study IATI/ACCA/CIMA
* Experience must include all of the following; sales ledger; purchase ledger and/or bank reconciliations.
* Computer literate, with good experience of Excel Spreadsheets
* Excellent organisational and communication skills gained in a finance role
* Strong interpersonal skills to forge close working relationships both with staff and
* The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines
* The ability to work as part of a team