Trainee Process Technician
Salary: Circa £30,000 on days - Monday to Friday
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8.15am to 5.15pm & Friday 8.15am to 2.45pm
Benefits: Excellent pension scheme & Life Assurance offering.
My client is a leading local brand within the manufacturing/engineering sectors and specialise in plastic extrusion. Known locally as a leading employer, they seek to grow their Process/Production Engineering department and are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Process Technician.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be given full training in all aspects of the manufacturing/extrusion process and world class manufacturing practices such as lean, six sigma & TPM.
- Analysis of raw material performance;
- Tracking and providing reports on KPIs and implementing improvement initiatives;
- Standardisation and optimisation of processing parameters;
- Troubleshooting of machine processing problems;
- Establishing best practice methodologies, creating work instructions and training of operators.
- Applicants should be keen to pursue a career in the plastics industry and hold 5 GCSEs grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths, English, ICT & Science based subject.
- Additional qualifications in an engineering / technical discipline would also be advantageous e.g. A-Level / BTEC / NVQ.
The Company would be supportive of applicants looking for a practical path into Engineering and encourage the opportunity to pursue further qualifications on a part-time basis (HNC / HND / Degree).
For more information or to discuss confidentially please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333