Grafton HR is presently representing a leading manufacturer based in the East L/Derry area, with the appointment of a Training Specialist role on a full time permanent basis.
Responsible for the management and implementation of all learning and development within the company, to enhance employee skills, performance, productivity and quality of work, in order to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce.
- Develop an overall training plan that addresses the technical, non-technical and development needs at all levels throughout the business including assessment methods and measurement systems
- Identify and assess future and current learning and development needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Design, deliver and/or source training courses and programmes to meet these needs and which comply with organizational and legislative requirements, including HSE, quality and IiP standards
- Co-ordinate the design and delivery of standardised work instructions or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) across all functions, reviewing and updating on a regular basis
- Collate and maintain a skills matrix and training matrix for the organisation
- Conduct effective induction training, and develop mechanisms to coach and support new trainees in their initial on boarding stages
- Develop and manage the annual training budget, ensuring that all training activities are undertaken in accordance with operational needs, on time and within budget
- Organise training venues, trainee schedules, and logistics as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery
- Develop training KPIs and provide regular reports on training activity
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness, success and ROI of learning and development programmes; determine the overall effectiveness of these programmes and make improvements as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Liaise with external funding and advisory organisations to secure funding and support to optimise the achievement of business goals and delivery of the training plan.
- Develop and co-ordinate the Further Education Assistance policy.
- Carry out course evaluation and analysis and act on feedback where necessary to ensure high quality service provision.
- Ensure accurate training records are maintained
- Experience of having developed and rolled out a company-wide training plan.
- Proven experience in co-ordinating, designing and delivering Standard work instructions or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- CIPD or CTP qualified, preferably CIPD qualified to graduate level (or equivalent
- Experience developing training solutions within Industry, preferably within a Manufacturing /Engineering environment
- Experience of working within an ISO environment
- Experience in IiP
- Experience in using PAMS
Competitive base salary and benefits to include
Benefits include: Pension scheme, Training & Development Opportunities & Free car parking
Interested Training, Learning & Development Specialists, with strong manufacturing exp should forward a CV immediately.
If you would like to discuss this Training job in more detail, please contact Richard McFarland (Assoc. CIPD) on 07773197121
If this Human Resource job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in HR, please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.
GRAFTON HR - CIPD Northern Ireland HEADLINE SPONSOR 2017