Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Training Support Officer to start ASAP for duration of 3 months with possibility of extension
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.05 or £7.50p/h
13+ week's £8.57p/h
Hours: 36 Hours per week
- EITHER Hold any level 3 qualification or above PLUS a minimum of one years' recent experience working in a training and/or administrative environment
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience of working with young people aged between 16 and 24 years old
- Recent experience of working to and meeting performance targets
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications to include; outlook, excel, word and PowerPoint
- Practical experience of working with Information Systems / databases
- Relevant experience of employer engagement
- Access to transport / car in order to travel across all sites on a daily / weekly basis
- Build and maintain links with the Course - Co-ordinators for Training Programmes, academic staff, administrative staff, employers and other relevant staff on all aspects of DfE Training Programmes.
- Develop a detailed working knowledge of the contractual requirements for the delivery and assessment of DfE Training Programmes.
- Monitor learner progress in relation to the requirements of the occupational frameworks and targeted qualifications in order to ensure successful achievement.
- Build and maintain links with parents/guardians, careers services and other appropriate external agencies.
- Attend regular formal meetings with academic and other relevant staff involved in the training process.
- Arrange appropriate workplace training / employment opportunities for learners in conjunction with course co-ordinators and employer requirements.
- Process all the necessary documentation for learners appropriate to relevant DfE Training Programmes including, but not exclusively, Personal Training Plans, Delivery agreements, Insurance, Equal Opportunities, H&S, Induction and review / progress.
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of learner timesheets and take appropriate action where necessary to include course team, learner, parent and employer.
- Collect and process examination certificates/results slips prior to entry and on achievement of relevant qualifications throughout programme of learning.
- Confirm Timetable arrangements are suitable and in line with programme requirements.
- Confirm qualification registrations, framework are correct in line with programme requirements
- Arrange appropriate workplace training/employment for learners in line with programme guidelines and / or other college staff
- Ensure employers' understanding of their roles / responsibilities in the training programme process
- Confirm workplace buddy / mentor and employer input into Personal Training Programme
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Access NI. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 8TH AUGUST AT 12PM