Salary: Negotiable, Competitive
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday but flexibility on working hours combined with regular travel will be required to other sites.
My client is one of Northern Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in their industry. They have a vacancy for a Transport Manager who will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for:
- Manage and setup various warehouses, distribution hubs and distribution networks across the world to meet with our customer's delivery expectations at the lowest achievable cost.
- Manage the integrity, security and accuracy of stock across all sites.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs; use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- Management of all aspects of export and import administration in accordance with and adhering to all applicable laws and regulation
- Working with your team to help develop systems, structures, training and procedures to enable the delivery of excellence in customer service.
- Develop and utilise lean manufacturing methodologies to drive performance improvements in the management of the Logistics Transport.
- Timely completion of all relevant import and export administration and paperwork.
- Set up and manage various warehouses, distribution hubs and delivery networks across the world to meet with the delivery models.
- Select, setup and performance manage the importation of various componentry and finished products from around the world using the most effective model for this business.
- Ensure you play a full and active part in meeting the site's KPI metrics and targets and help create a climate that relentlessly strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Work with the Customer Service and Operations team to deliver the most effective distribution channels
- Load planning
- degree in logistics and/or transport/distribution management is an
- 3 years previous experience
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333