Salary: Negotiable, Competitive
My client is one of Northern Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in their industry. The primary function of this role is to ensure that the Company and drivers meet all legal requirements under Road Traffic Legislation, and that all our deliveries are scheduled and arranged in line with our commitments to our customers.
They have a vacancy for a Transport Manager who will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for:
- To manage the Transport team effectively ensuring that regular communications are circulated in relation to the performance of the division and updates to process and procedures.
- To implement systems and procedures within the transport department to ensure compliance with all road traffic legislation
- To agree and set up an effective suite of KPIs for drivers
- Develop and circulate reports based on performance of the department
- To ensure there is an effective defect reporting system on the road worthiness of vehicles; that vehicles are roadworthy; that safety inspections are carried out at the specified intervals and that maintenance records are kept in accordance with the regulations
- To ensure that vehicles conform to Construction & Use requirements
- To Identify training needs for drivers
- Continually keep abreast of legal changes and advise the Company accordingly
- To be commercially aware at all times and able to offer suggestions and solutions to meet contractual demands without compromising road safety or legal responsibilities
- You must hold an international CPC qualification in Road Haulage Operations with at least 2 years experience in international road transport operations.
- To work independently to ensure that the essential functions of the position are performed satisfactorily and that the goals of the program are met
- To read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- A Desirable requirement is that you have (or have held) an LGV C+E Driving Licence.
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333