Grafton Recruitment is representing a leading FMCG organisation, who are looking to recruit an experienced Transport Manager for their Headquarters based in Belfast.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating and managing the Transport Department in the most cost effective and efficient manner whilst delivering the required service level provision at all times within budget and focus on the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
Hours of Work: 8.30am to 5pm and flexibility at peak periods as required to meet business needs
- Educated to 3rd level or have 3 to 5 years experience in a Transport management role
- Experience of managing/interacting with transport providers
- Proven track record of leading/managing teams with strong performance management focus
- Strong commercially focused approach
- Strong analytical skills and financial understanding
- Ability to analyse problems and determine corrective actions
- Professional manner - articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, effective influencer
- Results focused with excellent planning and organising skills to meet deadlines
- A self starter with the ability to work on own initiative and drive continuous improvement initiatives/projects
- Holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence
- SAP experience and proficient in Microsoft packages
- Customer-centric focus, with a cross functional approach
- Track record of building relationships and delivering commitments to customers
- In Return:
- Competitive Salary package
- Full training provided
- Working with a global brand
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For more information on this role, please contact Martina at Grafton on 02890242824 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org