TSG Senior Engineer for Servers and Storage
Our Client, a leading Telecommunications provider is recruiting a Senior Engineer to work in the Servers and Storage Technical Service area. The role holder will demonstrate a strong technology background in pro-active management along with other related areas of expertise and will also need to have good customer facing, team player and self management skills. The job is highly focused on working as part of a team.
- Responding to incidents relating to infrastructure technology, driving resolution to meet agreed SLAs.
- Owning and driving resolution of major incidents
- Owning and driving major changes and releases
- Ensuring the Customer is kept informed and liaising with customer representatives up to and including CEO level
- Ensuring internal stakeholders are kept informed of progress
- Escalating technical issues with 3rd party vendors via agreed support mechanisms and progressing to resolution / Owning and managing calls that have been escalated to supporting 3rd parties
- Managing call breach by aligning resources in conjunction with Technical Services manager
- Supporting the major incident process and where necessary taking ownership of recovery planning
- Supporting the Business Continuity plan if required
- Development and ownership of run book procedures to meet the requirements of supported contracts
- Mandating that Run book procedures are in place and executed
- Management and support of infrastructure environments including patching and security updates
- Providing Capacity management for infrastructure technologies
- Management of Availability for infrastructure technologies
- End user liaison
- Where appropriate, Keeping the Customer Informed
- Keeping incident history up-to-date
- Monitoring progress of owned Incidents against SLA, alerting Accountable and Responsible resources of impending breaches
- Technical Account management for Transformational Contracts
- Technical Ownership of Major Incidents (see TAM RACI for details)
- Maintain Operations run book procedures for contracts
- Execute Operations tasks
- Provide Out of Hours support / On Call where appropriate
- Agree incident solution with user
- Solve Incident records in Marval
- Manage/Maintain quality of incident resolution narrative
- Agree appropriate Change implementation dates
- Raise & plan changes to resolve associated incidents, maximise availability, maintain security and in response to Customer requests
- Execution of complex run and support procedures
- Experience in the relevant technical skill area(s) with appropriate formal training.
- Experienced, fully competent in own area, can act as a key contributor in a more complex/critical environment, and is able to co-ordinate activities of others (the team leader).
- Has depth of expertise in more than one area, and can apply knowledge/skills to a range of activities acting as a source of technical expertise to others in own area.
- Able to interpret internal/external business issues and recommended best practice in own discipline, and to make changes to own and others work to meet these.
- Able to act proactively to understand client needs and offer assistance even when not asked.
- Awareness of profitability needs and can manage costs for specific projects.
- Able to find the underlying issue and patterns in complex situations, taking a new perspective on existing solutions to complex problems, and is able to explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences to ensure that the meaning is understood.
- Able to manage own time to meet agreed targets and to develop plans for projects in own area over the medium term, including forecasting/organising all resource requirements and finance.
- Can motivate other team members and create informal networks with key contacts outside own area. Understands appropriate customer Business Processes and operating environments.
- Formal vendor training to professional certification standards, e.g. Solarwinds, MCP, MCTIP, VCP, CCNP, MCSE, Sun Solaris, HP certified systems engineer etc.
This role may be recruited on a Contract Basis payable via a day rate structure.
For full details please forward your CV via the link