Underwriter | 6 month contract | Dublin City Centre
The Client: Located in Dublin city centre, our client is a leading financial services provider with a well established retail network. Our client is committed to providing simplified financial services solutions to their clients. They are currently experiencing growth in the market with a range of innovative products tailored to suit customer's needs.
The Role: As Credit Underwriter, you will be required to support key functions within the Credit Decisioning Unit. You will be responsible for the underwriting of mortgage re-structure requests. You will ensure policies and procedures are strictly adhered to and implement best practice to ensure SLA's are met.
- Handle underwriting requests for restructuring of customer's mortgage account within company policy and regulatory requirements
- Assess and underwrite SFS forms and the customer's ability to make repayments in line with the Central Bank Sustainability rules
- Actively engage in communication with customer's, advising them of long-term resolution options
- Handle all incoming calls and correspondence to the department efficiently and professionally
- Ensure decision making is accurately communicated and transparent to the customer and to staff within the organisation
- Support the management team in the delivery of SLA's through management of own daily assignments and delivery of high quality decisions
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week
- Qualified Financial Advisor or a minimum of Accredited Product Advisor in Loans (APA) with previous experience working in a controlled function
- A minimum education requirement of 5 passes in the Leaving Certificate including a pass in Maths and English (Higher or Ordinary level only, Foundation level subjects will not apply)
- Previous experience in underwriting and/or debt resolution
- Knowledge of CCMA, CPC and MCC
- Experience in effective call handling with excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel (experience with financial/banking systems a distinct advantage
- Degree in Business or related field (not essential)
- Salary €30,000
- Occasional over time
- Subsidised canteen
- Experience with a recognised organisation in the financial services sector
- Opportunity to apply for long-term/permanent positions internally
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.