Our client, a local public sector organisation, require a Urban Regeneration Officer for a temporary post until 23 Sept 2016
Duties will include
- Promote growth and sustainability for Omagh, Fintona, Dromore and Carrickmore. Implementing agreed strategies and action plans and monitoring the KPI's associated with each plan.
- Develop effective working relationships with a number of public and private sector bodies. Provide a proactive link for organisations, businesses and individuals with an interest in the urban regeneration area.
- Identify and secure relevant funding opportunities for Omagh and district towns
- Develop an appropriate communications and PR strategy and dedicated website space for Omagh, Fintona, Dromore and Carrickmore
- Development of a night time economy action plan for Omagh Town Centre and an annual program of activities e.g. training programmes, competitions and events in compliment to the current Events Strategy
- Prepare responses to Consultation Papers
Hours of work:
- 37 hours weekly, the post will require some evening and weekend work.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Business/Finance/Marketing or Environmental Planning Discipline
AND one year **relevant experience
Three years **relevant experience
- Current knowledge of regeneration priorities for Fermanagh & Omagh District area
- Competency in the use of IT Systems (MS Office packages)
- Full current driving licence and access to transport
**Relevant experience must include evidence of
- Working with a range of statutory, non-statutory and private sector partnerships
- Implementing effective communication plans and public relations strategies
- Management of projects to meet targets and deadlines
- Experience of working with the Business Community and/or Town Traders
- Experience of developing and submitting funding applications
- Experience of event planning and coordination
- Rate of Pay :£13.35 - £14.24ph
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Avril on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.