Visitor Information Centre Advisor required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Newtownards £6.70 PH - £7.20PH.
Role: Visitor Information Centre Advisor
Rate of Pay: £7.25 per hour
*the successful candidate may be required to work at any of the Visitor Information Centres across the North Down Borough
Hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.15pm, Saturday 9.15am - 5.15pm (every one in three required)
Duration: 31 October 2016 (may be extended)
- Undertake reception and routine administration duties for the Visitor Information Centres and deal with enquiries by telephone, email, in person and by post from the public or outside bodies.
- To provide advice in connection with visitor services and events.
- Merchandise and sell souvenirs, maps, books, crafts and tickets. Operating an EPOS till and credit card facility.
- Assist with promotions, administration and events on behalf of the client and the Regional Tourism Organisation as required.
- To maintain and update statistics on a daily and monthly basis relating to tourist information enquiries and accommodation bookings.
- To update tourism databases, online information provision as and when required.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
- 5 GCSE's (grade A - C) or equivalent qualification to include English and Maths
- 1 year's admin experience in a customer service role dealing face to face with the general public.
- Experience using the Internet and MS Office packages (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Availability to work weekends and Public/Bank holidays is essential.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Paula Taylor will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 31 MAY AT 5PM.