My client is recruiting for warehouse supervisor to supervise a team of up to eight pickers and goods inwards staff. The warehouse supervisor will report to our procurement and warehouse manager. The warehouse supervisor will also be expected to pick stock orders as part of his/her duties.
Warehouse staff carry out the following activities, storing materials, pick and pack, customer returns, customer collections, cycle counting and general warehouse duties.
The goal of the supervisor is to make sure that the warehouse team meets its objectives around order fill rates, customer satisfaction and minimise stock losses.
- Allocate work to staff and ensure completed within reasonable time periods.
- On a daily basis maximise the dispatch of customer orders.
- Spot check staff orders for accuracy.
- Help in the implementation of Warehouse Management System.
- Supervise the preparation of orders for delivery or collection according to the daily workload (pick, pack, wrap, label, load & ship).
- Supervise receipt and processing of goods inwards to ensure safe and productive processing of containers.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation.
- Minimise warehouse stock damage.
- Suggestions for improvements.
- Communicate and cooperate with management and staff.
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Daily reporting of dispatch KPI's.
- Lead by example in all of the above area's.
- Proven working experience as a warehouse supervisor. Hands on experience in daily supervision and direction of warehouse staff.
- Dealing with issues immediately.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Flexibility with regards working hours when required.
- Current forklift license for Reach and Counter Balance.