Yard/Trade Counter Operative - Belfast - Permanent (£17,000 to £22,000 per annum)
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Trade Counter Sales Representative to join a well known international supplier and manufacturer of construction materials on a permanent basis at their site in North Belfast.
The role itself will vary between operating a busy trade counter where you will provide sales advice to customers/clients, and managing the yard, receiving, loading checking and storing goods & materials etc.
Reporting to the area manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Operate the trade counter looking after both trade customers and the general public
- Provide a consultative approach in dealing with customer requirements
- Process customer orders
- Identify customer needs and upsell additional products where necessary
- Assist customers with loading products and materials into their cars, vans, lorries etc.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Report to Area Manager
- Any other duties role may involve
- Good level of English and Maths (GCSE grade C or above - or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years sales and customer service experience; have a proven track record in meeting targets and building strong relationships with customers.
- Personable and approachable
- Good oral and written communication skills along with a good level of IT literacy.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- A hands-on approach and attitude
- Commercial awareness
- Full driving licence
- Counter Forklift licence would be an advantage
Applications for this position will close on Tuesday 20th Feb, with interviews provisionally being booked for Thursday 22nd Feb. For further information please contact Craig on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.